Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kebaya Nyonya @ Baju Draw

How do you call this kind of baju? Normally in West Malaysia, they call it Kebaya Nyonya I guess. Because when I search for this type of baju at Jalan TAR, I will asked, "Kak, ada jual Kebaya Nyonya tak?".
But, here in my hometown we use to call it Baju Draw. Why Baju Draw? Because they will draw the design on a white paper before they do it on the material (kain kasa rubia). And it's very hard to find the person who still do this (in a traditional way).
Last year my mom and myself went to Dalat (4 hours driving from Bintulu), semata-mata nak pergi tempah Baju Draw. hee..hee..hee.. Actually the tailor staying in the same kampung with my friend. My friend is the one who introduce the tailor to us, otherwise the tailor won't accept it sebabnya nak tempah baju tu takes time nak siap and mahal. Paling tak lama pun 3 months. Besides, the tailor takut once baju dah siap orang tak nak bayar sebab mahal.

Our first tempahan actually dah siap last year, I wore it during my civil wedding. And my mom wore her Baju Draw during my wedding reception. Lepas tu, we tempah another one sebabnya baju itu tersangatlah halus buatan tangannya compare with the one that I bough in Jalan TAR. Walaupun mahal, but i'm satisfied.

And yesterday, I received my Baju Draw. Happy banget tau. Suppose to one for my mom (light green) and one for myself (dark green). Tapi, my mom so frustrated sebab when she tried the baju it didn't fit her, sungguh longgar. Maybe the tailor terambik my size. So, my mom bengganglah sebab baju tu tak muat. Tapi aku yang untung sebab it fits me. Yey!!!!
And my mom plan to tempah another new one sebab she still have extra kain kasa rubia tu.

Bahagian tepi Baju.

Design baju from the front.

Design belakang baju.


So, now I have few collections of baju Kebaya Nyonya @ Baju Draw. I think I have 6 or 7 pcs of it which is (I think) two of it never been used, still in my wardrobe. hee..hee..hee...

I heart Kebaya Nyonya. Next time I will post all my collections OK? Kalau aku rajin ambik gambarlah. hee..hee..hee...

2 busy body:

-f-l-o- said...

Cantek mat. Kini dik ngena nya?

bibie said...

Ocy,
Bedau temu gik kini ka ngena. hee..hee..hee.. Nganti bisi function ila ngena ia. Ke batang amat ia aku sigi rindu ngumpul baju tok (seni konon2). Lagipun semadi ke indai tuainya agi regas. Ba kampung di Dalat din mostly sidak ia dah tuai amat agi begaga ke baju tok Ocy, nya meh lebuh sidak berandau, enti kami nadai ila kada ke bisi org ngaga baju tok ko sidak ga.

Few years back aku kala pulai kampung enggau kawan ku di Dalat, imagine mostly bala2 indai org bekena ke baju draw tok pegi church. Enti di Dalat pakaian harian sidak ia tok munyi ko kawan ku. Start ari nya meh aku nyau "terjatuh chentan" meda baju sidak C.